Role: Senior Lecturer
Tel: 0161 275-4882
Location: Arthur Lewis Building-4.053
School of Social Sciences
The University of Manchester
Specific research interests:
Philosophy and politics focusing on the following areas:
- The interface between ethical constraints and effective political action, the problem of dirty hands and a political ethic.
- Anglo-American theories of justice – Rawls, Dworkin, Sandel, Walzer etc.
- Informal logic and argumentation theory.
- Democracy – theory and practice.
- Theories of secular accounts of evil.
Current research projects:
I am currently finishing a manuscript on the problem of ‘dirty hands’.
I co-editor the journal Representation (with Andrew Russell)