MANCEPT ONE-DAY WORKSHOP “ETHICS OF THE ALTERNATIVES TO WAR”
Politics, School of Social Sciences, University of Manchester
Friday, 27 March 2015
Location: Boardroom, Second Floor, Arthur Lewis Building (building no. 36 here), University of Manchester
Although there has been much written on the ethics of war by just war theorists, much less attention has been to the ethics of the alternatives to war (or ‘soft war’), including economic sanctions, diplomacy, nonviolent resistance, cyber war, propaganda, and ‘lawfare’. This workshop brings together some leading just war theorists and political philosophers to consider both specific alternatives and the alternatives as a whole.
- Ariel Colonomas, Sciences Po.
- Cheyney Ryan, University of Oregon
- Christopher Finlay, University of Birmingham
- Elizabeth Ellis, University of Leeds
- Jessica Wolfendale, West Virginia University
- Michael Gross University of Haifa
- Sebastian Kaempf, University of Queensland
- Tamar Meisels, Tel Aviv University
- Valerie Morkevicius, Colgate University
Registration is free
Space is limited, so registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-ethics-of-the-alternatives-to-war-tickets-15664906156
For any other questions, please contact the workshop organiser, James Pattison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The workshop is hosted by MANCEPT (the Manchester Centre for Political Theory). For more information, see http://www.mancept.com/